Summary of Duties:
Maintains the integrity of the office and functions as a liaison between departments, students, staff, and visitors. Performs administrative duties for the department's manager(s)/director, as well as for other staff members in that area.
Description of Duties:
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Functions as a liaison between department and students, staff, vendors, visitors, etc.: Handles incoming emails, calls, voicemail messages and mail, and prepares information for efficient distribution and action as necessary. Uses common courtesy when greeting visitors and answering phones. Schedules appointments and interviews. Makes travel arrangements as necessary. Provides necessary information to department and manager/director to ensure timely response by either. Keeps updates on Job Corps and corporate notices and ensures department responds as necessary.
- Completes copying, typing and filing as requested and needed: Produces clear copies of requested materials. Proofreads typed documents prior to returning to originator. Prepares weekly reports and other required DOL, Corporate and Center reports. Types SOPs, plans, meeting minutes, agenda memos, reports, correspondence, newsletters and any other item as directed. Pays attention to detail, ensuring that documents distributed from your department are well written, comprehensive, error free and of a high quality. Researches special topics and projects to increase awareness and resource capacity. Maintains department files to include SOPs, weekly reports, weekly summation reports, JCRL reports, etc.
- Performs other duties as requested by department manager/director: Schedules and attends office meetings, sends out required reports, runs office errands, attends training, works in lieu of other secretaries and clerks on an as-needed basis, helps distribute student pay, assists with special printed projects, acts proactively, completes tasks in a timely and proficient manner, tracks and follow through on action items, exercises good judgment and problem-solving skills on manager's/director's behalf, and other comparable duties.
- Enters information into the Center Information System and keeps necessary files and records: Enters information into CIS as required. Maintains accurate hard and electronic copy files as necessary to ensure department meets DOL, Corporate, and Center expectations. Runs CIS reports to ensure information entered is accurate.
- Monitors budget, controls inventory and ensures the department areas are attractive, clean, safe and in good repair: Completes purchase requests (PRs) and check requests to include budget management. Ensures that purchase orders (POs) are received and filed initially, and that the items requested are received in a timely manner. Ensures that all equipment assigned to the department is properly accounted for and maintained in good condition. Initiates work orders and ensures that repairs are completed in a timely manner. Ensures that work area, including managers/directors and other assigned areas, are attractive, clean and safe at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.Modeling, Mentoring and Monitoring: Contributes to the success of students by participating in a CMT. The CMT is responsible for students' successful matriculation through the Job Corps program from CDP (Career Development Phase) through Career which includes receipt of the academic, CTT, employability, career success standard and social skills necessary to attain and maintain a viable post-Center placement. The Former Enrollee Team is required to ensure that each former enrollee receives a placement within 3 months of separation from the program.
Workplace Standards: Must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment as necessary. Must report any unsafe conditions immediately to the safety officer that are in your area or anytime you see an unsafe condition on the center.
Makes safety the top priority in all actions and behaviors. Maintains required certifications and/or licenses including a valid driver's license and insurance when required by position. Does not engage in activities other than official business during working hours. Reports significant/major incidents or accidents. Cooperates in external/internal investigations as requested. Completes PRH, Corporate and Center training as required and demonstrates competencies accordingly. Complies with DOL, Corporate, and Center guidelines.
Career Management Team (CMT):
All staff is required to model professional workplace behavior, mentor students on demonstration of professional workplace behavior and monitor their successful demonstration of these standards and expectations.
Education and Experience
Associates Degree preferred. HSD/GED with at least 2 years of experience.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
Valid state driver's license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen, sit, stand, and walk; to reach with hands, arms, as well as use hands to finger, handle or feel, to taste and smell. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include; close, distance and peripheral vision.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of what employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level can vary from moderate to loud.
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.