Tenneco is one of the world's largest pure-play powertrain companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer. This position will be responsible for applying engineering principles and analytical techniques to establish and continuously improve manufacturing processes and products.
This Manufacturing Engineer will be a valued member of the Engineering department where we strive to promote from within wherever possible; therefore, opportunities for advancement are strong.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role.You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager.We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Investigate and solve problems related to tooling, equipment, and processes. Advise/assist vendors with design problems with tooling, gauges and equipment designed for use in manufacturing.
- Determine the machines, equipment, tools and the sequence of operations necessary to perform production and assembly operations.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements and workflow, designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Develop, recommend, and implement changes which will result in the improvement of manufacturing processes and or product quality.
- Assist the Process Line Manager in the development of capital and expense budgets.
- Evaluate new product and make recommendations relative to manufacturing feasibility.
- Train department personnel in safety, setup, operations and troubleshooting of existing and new equipment.
- Estimate production rates, setup and tooling cost for inquiry and new part setup.
- May specialize in a skill set such as Stamping Dies, Automated Presses, PLC programming, Welding, Vision system, etc.
- May be given certain authority within job scope by Manager
- Each employee has the authority to initiate action to prevent a violation of the Federal-Mogul Integrity Policy.
- All employees will abide by the plant's safety policy, comply with the legal and other requirements and operational controls established, work toward achieving established objectives and targets, and conform to procedures consistent with the ISO 14001 standard. An employee should report, and if necessary stop, any activity that does not conform to the policy or may injure himself/herself.
- Capable of providing support as requested by supervisor.
Bachelor's degree from four-year accredited college or university in a related engineering field with 1-2 years of experience; or 3-5 years relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience and education must be related to manufacturing, industrial, electrical, mechanical, or similarly related field.
- Experience working in a high-speed manufacturing environment is highly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled