Tenneco is one of the world's largest pure-play powertrain companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
This position assists the maintenance and engineering teams with programming and controls expertise. Projects will include control related projects as well as general project help as assigned to help the plant operations and effectiveness. Top priority given to maintenance troubleshooting assistance as needed, includes occasional off hour support.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Assists the maintenance and engineering teams with programming and controls expertise. Projects will include control related projects as well as general project help as assigned to help the plant operations and effectiveness.
- Top priority given to maintenance troubleshooting assistance as needed, includes occasional off hour support.
- Programming for approved engineering and facility projects.
- General project management as assigned.
- Coordinates project parts as assigned for project work.
- Researches and crosses items from manufacturer to manufacturer through prints and other resources (internal and external) to obtain non-stock items.
- Coordinate and manage controls and other project related files
- Attend meetings as needed to communicate status.
- Reporting as assigned, including internal and external communication to execute the requirements.
- Organizes outside contractors as needed for parts or service work.
- Work with purchasing to expedite / track parts as required.
- Daily status updates as needed.
- Support for supply crib PPE and parts distribution.
- May be given certain authority within job scope by Manager
- High School graduate or equivalent. 2 years of technical school preferred
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with complex control systems which could include robotics, vision, and Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi, Omrom, and Siemens PLCs.
- The ability to program effectively with AB RSLogix 500 and 5000 is required.
- Experience with Devicenet and AS-interface systems, safety monitors and relays are a plus.
- Experience with Servo drives and positioning systems is desired.
- Experience with AB panelview plus and Component HMI's is required.
- Basic industrial experience in automated and semi automated high speed manufacturing mandatory.
- Proficient in the use of computers including the Microsoft suite mandatory.
- Experience with computerized maintenance systems, MP2 preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled