Tenneco'sMotorparts(DRiV)isaworldleaderin the internationalautomotiveaftermarket built from the combined strengths of Tenneco, Federal-Moguland Ohlins with 31 of the best knownand respectedaftermarket brands, including 14 brands 100 years or older. Our colleagues throughout 25 countriesaround theworldworkas one team,drivingadvancements that help our customers get the most from every vehicle, every ride, every raceand every journey.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer who will be responsible for planning, organizing and implementing the design, development and purchase of equipment, tooling, processes and fixtures used to manufacture chassis components at the Boaz Plant. Primary emphasis placed upon improving the manufacturing process, supporting manufacturing and reduction of product costs.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Identify and develop methods to improve the manufacturing processes to achieve increased productivity, minimal tool cost, increased flexibility and reduction in setup time and product scrap.
- Participate and or lead APQP activities including the creation, updating and maintaining of PFMEA's.
- Identify, evaluate and recommend the capital equipment, tooling and fixtures required to improve the manufacturing process and write the necessary justification for approval of funds to implement the project.
- Provide technical advice and expertise to solve manufacturing equipment and tooling problems in a timely manner to achieve plant production plans on time and within budget and insure continuity of production.
- Provide costs estimates, design and purchase of equipment to support new product introductions, engineering change notices and cost reduction ideas in an accurate and timely manner.
- Monitor and recommend the purchase of optimum cost perishable tooling to maintain minimum tooling inventory cost.
- Contribute to the division cost reduction program to assist plant management in achieving yearly goals.
- Provide equipment and processes that are designed to maintain a safe and clean work area to improve safety and contribute to good employee morale.
- Support the overall facility through managing and implementing facility related improvement projects.
- Justify capital expenditures for improving projects by identifying major areas of savings and writing the request for necessary funding.
- Provide outside vendors with detailed technical specifications, in writing, to allow competitive purchase of tools and equipment.
- Conduct equipment specification evaluations at the vendor's plant prior to shipment of new equipment to verify that the equipment will conform to specified performance characteristics.
- Provide cost estimates for new product equipment and tooling and, where applicable, provide the design work necessary to incorporate the product into existing equipment.
Education:Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field.
Skills & Experience:
- 3 years' experience in CNC machining, tooling, automation, robotics or metal cutting industry.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, word, etc..
- Solid works, or other 3d design software experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled