GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50manufacturing locations in 15countries, we serve over 90% of the world's aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world's advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to bebetter in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
The Manufacturing Engineer will provide Engineering capability to operational and development Programs to enable and deliver zero defect projects utilizing engineering and problem solving skills. Accountable for delivering robust, capable manufacturing process technology as it applies to materials, tooling, part fabrication and assembly.
* Continuously improve production processes by implementing Lean initiatives.
* Responsible for the development of manufacturing process solutions to complex problems.
* Accountable for the implementation of production planning, from original concept through to production.
* Design these processes to a high level of process capability through utilizing the GKN standard Zero Defect Manufacturing (ZDM) tool suite.
* Accountable for product development, first article development, configuration changes, build process definition and implementation.
* Exemplifying a safety-first mind-set and ensuring compliance with the GKN Aerospace Health, Safety and Environmental policies and standards.
* Responsible for the development of technical solutions to complex problems within GKN Aerospace, our customers and suppliers.
* Deliver technical support of manufacturing process development and integration for production.
* Utilize root cause analysis, preventative and corrective action to reduce/eliminate non-conformances.
* Maintain positive, team relationships with internal and external customers, as well as co-workers
* Bachelor Degree in Aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering or Materials/Fiber/Polymer/Composite linked degree required.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering, including Composites Manufacturing experience or University studies/coursework in composite materials.
*Must be able to perform work subject to ITAR/EAR regulations and/or program requirements.
* GKN experience
* Working knowledge of quality system models such as ISO9000, AS9100, or D1-9000
* Training and/or experience in lean tools and techniques (Practical Problem Solving, A3, PFMEA and /or Fishbone diagrams)
* Experience in Composites Manufacturing, including University studies
* Project / Program Management
* Familiarity with AS9145 APQP process or equivalent
* Fluent in English language, both written and spoken
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Alexander City