Tenneco is one of the world's largest pure-play powertrain companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
The general function of this position is to maintain and improve the accounting system, which supports business and corporate requirements. Posting, summarizing, reconciling, auditing, ledger maintenance, statement and/or report preparation, account analysis, and cost analysis. Coordinate and prepare financial information as necessary for monthly closing cycles and maintain appropriate documentation.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- General Function is to maintain and improve the accounting system, which supports business and corporate requirements.
- Posting, summarizing, reconciling, auditing, ledger maintenance, statement and/or report preparation, account analysis, and cost analysis.
- Coordinate and prepare financial information as necessary for monthly closing cycles and maintain appropriate documentation.
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual close process, including journal entries, monthly accruals, related reports, and account reconciliations.
- Plant & corporate reporting - monthly, quarterly, semiannual, annual.
- Extracts & format relevant information to support the information needs of the facility.
- SOX 404 Compliance experience.
- Prepare GAAP Compliant transactions for all areas of responsibility.
- Maintain and improve accounting internal control.
- Provide support and assistance with audits, tax returns, forecasts & budgets, and financial reporting.
- Establish/maintain general accounting policies/procedures.
- Maintain fixed asset accounting system that will service management needs, internal depreciation and tax (federal & state) depreciation.
- Bachelor's degree in related field of study from accredited institution. CPA certification preferred...
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Must have working knowledge of accounting & budgeting principles and forecasting techniques.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled