Advanced Engineer - Level II (CZ Metrology Services)
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That's just what our employees are doing every single day - in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
The Advanced Engineer - Carl Zeiss Metrology Services, Inc. is primarily responsible for supporting the project business and all CMM related programming activities within the geographic territory of CZMS Inc by providing complex programming service solutions to enterprise customers. The Engineer may be responsible for programming one or more of the customer's measuring devices along with the associated software suites at a Zeiss owned facility or on site at the customer. Availability, response time and customer satisfaction are key success criteria and as such this position requires flexibility to work different shifts and/or weekends to meet customer demands.
We are looking for people who are keen to try something new:
- Consistently delivery of acceptable customer results:
- Complete (nothing missing)
- Correct (no mistakes)
- Delivered on time
- Ability to setup and run all lab measurement equipment.
- Ability to select and use the best software for the job (Calypso, VG StudioMax, etc.).
- Deliver inspection reports per the job request.
- Monitor each systems performance for accuracy/repeatability issues.
- Peer review job results with colleagues.
- Assist Manager with quoting as necessary.
- Works safely - especially as it relates to radiation safety.
- Job requirement review with Manager prior to job start.
- Results review with customer (within 2 days of job completion - if possible).
- Prepare, submit and save a copy of proof of delivery (POD) to network drive.
- Help drive productivity by consistently and effectively utilizing Zeiss productivity tools (e.g., quick change tooling and fixturing, off-line programming, MCC and PiWeb, etc.).
- A four year degree in Engineering, Math or Physics. Alternatively, 5+ years of industry experience.
- Ability to read engineering drawings for dimensional control requirements.
- Ability to operate all types of Zeiss measuring machines including programming using Zeiss application software; setup and staging of parts; accuracy and repeatability verification; etc.
- Strong computer skills and affinity for computer aided data analysis products.
- Must have strong problem solving skills with the ability to learn independently to find solutions to potential customer's problems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with an ability to create concise technical reports.
- Ability to reason and negotiate complex problems with customers.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and eagerness to be a part of a high-performance, fast growing segment of Carl Zeiss Metrology Services, Inc.
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.
ZEISS is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer