Nalco, an Ecolab Company has a full-time opening for a Plant Manager at its facility in Montgomery, AL. The Plant Manager will report to the VP of Manufacturing and will be responsible for overall safety, direction of all activities concerned with product production and shipping, as well as leadership of continuous improvement.
What's in it For You:
- The opportunity to take on some of the world's most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best
What You Will Do:
- Lead and promote Nalco's safety culture within the plant, including personal safety, process safety, environmental compliance, and industrial hygiene
- Manage all plant operations including manufacturing, warehousing, planning, and shipping and receiving
- Manage a staff of 13 people working a 24-5 schedule
- Structure plant, warehouse, and shipping & receiving to optimize effectiveness and deliverables
- Assist in capital project plan including plant equipment replacements, upgrades and refurbishments as well as safety related enhancements.
- Maintain critical plant KPI's to optimize plant operations and product quality while controlling costs
- Help manage plant environmental control and compliance including managing wastewater permit testing and filings
- Improve and modify existing procedures, create new procedures as needed to meet product, quality, safety, and most importantly customer demand
- Implement systems for training and cross-training personnel
- Drive employee engagement through direct analysis and involvement of key drivers and improvements
- Manage plant projects and improvements including coordination and supervision of outside contractors to perform work required
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Engineering, Sciences, Supply Chain management or related field
- 5 years' experience in manufacturing
- Prior supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- No Immigration Sponsorship available for this opportunity
- Experience in a chemical manufacturing environment in a related industry
- Prior supervisory experience in a chemical manufacturing environment in a related industry
- Experience with TPM
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
A trusted partner at nearly three million commercial customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and infection prevention solutions and services. With annual sales of $13 billion and more than 45,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions, data-driven insights and personalized service to advance food safety, maintain clean and safe environments, optimize water and energy use, and improve operational efficiencies and sustainability for customers in the food, healthcare, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world.
When you come to work at Ecolab, you get to take on some of the world's most meaningful challenges and have the opportunity to learn and grow, shape your career, make an impact and quickly see the importance of your work.
For more Ecolab news and information, visit . Follow us on Twitter , Facebook at , LinkedIn at or Instagram at
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.