Product Application Sales Specialist - Light Microscopy
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That's just what our employees are doing every single day - in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
The 3D LS PASS Microscopy (LPLM) is a highly technical sales consultative position utilizing deep application knowledge and the Zeiss Selling Process (ZSP) to provide customer solutions to convert opportunities into orders and meet individual/territorial sales targets. The position requires supporting both a direct and indirect sales channel within a team environment. Success requires strong customer support both product and application, for defined products within the laser scanning and high end imaging groups in the defined territory for the Life Science market. This requires a high degree of technical knowledge of each of the various systems and components and excellent demonstration, time management, and persuasive communication skill sets At all times, conduct in accordance with company guidelines and standards is expected.
We are looking for people who are keen to try something new:
- Primary responsibilities of this position involve the direct support of the field sales organization (Direct and Indirect) in order to convert system opportunities to orders and provide after sales support to our field and customers to ensure success with ZEISS system solutions.
- This position will be responsible to engage in all aspects project management with the direct and indirect channels utilizing ZSP(From IG=>IS=>order creation=>training=>sign off=>customer success).
- Support of customer is considered a key aspect of this role and is facilitated via phone, Go-to-Assist, email, or in team visits in the field.
- The position requires exceptional demonstration skills on all products within the covered portfolio. Sound knowledge of competitive instruments, strengths and weaknesses will be important for success.
- Training on products after installation and confirming that instrumentation performs to specification and securing the necessary sign off documentation are key aspects of this position. In addition, the Specialist is required to support all Systems instrumentation that is within their territory and is still considered a supportable product by ZEISS.
- PASS will assist/support the direct team to create technically correct configurations of the relevant products they are responsible for, and monitor and update SAP/CRM
- PASS is fully responsible for the indirect channels to create technically correct configurations of the relevant products they are responsible for and monitor and update SAP/CRM.
- PASS will support the pre and post sales activites fully utilizing ZSP practices to create orders and achieve customer success.
- PASS should be familiar with the Installation Process (FM-5001-02) and ensure that all aspects of expectation setting and management are fulfilled. Further they should be familiar with the systems escalation process (QA-3008) and exercise that process when required.
- PASS Light Microscopy (LPLM) is responsible for completing system training obligations for all LSM, Elyra, SD, units and all higher end imaging systems which are delivered in their assigned territory. After-install problem ownership is critical in this position, and the PASS is responsible for coordinating all after-install activities required to correct any unsatisfactory issues in conjunction with regional service and sales support personnel.
- The PASS will interface closely with NA Business Sector Marketing providing feedback regarding literature, promotional material, technical Support Material, lockout specs, data sheets, quotations , pricing of competitive instruments, applications, target markets and any customer intelligence learned in the field.
- The PASS is expected to control direct expenses via strategic planning and employing cost effective measures to their regional business.
- A strong effort is expected to maintain customer satisfaction (Success) as measured by the Net Promoter Score (NPS).
- Bachelor degree or higher in biological science or bio-engineering preferred from an accredited college or university
- Working knowledge of or prior work experience overseeing a shared instrumentation (Core) lab or facility
- Working knowledge is preferred on high-end microscopy, including laser scanning microscopy, 2-photon microscopy, super resolution, deconvolution, point spread functions, TIRF, FRET, FRAP, and advanced imaging techniques such as automated time lapse with Z-stack, etc.
- Good knowledge of software for post aqusition analysis such as quantification, visualization, correlation, coding/scripting and other microscopy based solutions is a plus.
- Implementation of MS Office, photoshop, related software and strong presentation skills is required
- Prior experience in technical sales and managing a field coverage area for technical sales or product support is a plus
- Positive "can do" attitude coupled with a willingness to continuously acquire product and application knowledge independently
- Knowledge and experience in biological applications is a great advantage
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.
ZEISS is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer