Head of Regional Solutions Center Americas
White Plains, NY
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That's just what our employees are doing every single day - in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
We are looking for people who are keen to try something new:
The Director of the Regional Solution Center (RSC) is responsible for leading and managing the IT Solution Center organization in the Americas. In this role he/she exercises the overall responsibility for the day-to-day applications support and the implementation of new functionality for SAP applications, as well as ZEISS Core systems. The function supports all ZEISS SBUs in the Americas and oversees a team of IT application specialists that support these SBUs. The position reports to the president of CZ Inc. and coordinates all regional activities and initiatives with the corporate IT at the headquarters in Germany.
The Director RSC provides technical support and consulting regarding the optimization of business processes and system inefficiencies. Analyzes manufacturing, supply chain management, and other business processes to perform feasibility studies and make-or-buy analysis to identify the overarching requirements for business systems. Presents system recommendations to senior management. Leads system implementations or application enhancement projects for the ZEISS Core systems, e.g. SAP. Collaborates with central IT solution center and internal customers to develop the conceptual design and implementation of information technology strategies and solutions, and determine the impact of business system solutions on overall IT initiatives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Leading and managing the IT Solution Center in the Americas.
* Responsible for the day-to-day applications support and the implementation of new functionality for SAP applications, as well as ZEISS Core systems
* Provide technical support and consulting regarding the optimization of business processes and system inefficiencies, including implementation and upgrading of SAP systems.
* Coordinates all regional IT activities and initiatives with the corporate IT at the headquarter in Germany.
* Analyze business processes to perform feasibility studies and make-or-buy analyses to identify the overarching requirements for business systems.
* Present recommendations to senior management regarding alignment of resources and coordinate initiatives with the corporate IT at headquarter in Germany.
* Project management to implement new application functionality or systems.
* Lead processes to provide information technology solutions for multiple departments, including manufacturing and related supply chain business operations, including IT budget and project planning for multinational supply chain operations.
* Develop short-term and long-term strategic systems requirements to meet internal and external needs.
* Collaborate with corporate solution centers and internal customers to develop the conceptual design and implementation of information technology strategies and solutions, and determine the impact of business system solutions on overall IT initiatives.
* Responsible for solution center IT budget.
Experience and Education Requirements:
* A university degree in Information Systems, industrial engineering, computer science or a comparable degree
* Several years of experience performing information technology and business system analysis in support of IT project planning and management
* Management of a team of IT professionals, including performance assessments and goal setting
* Experience of a global IT providing 24X7 support and leading teams spread over different locations and time zones
* Leading of at least 2 SAP implementations over the full implementation cycle.
* 5 years of SAP experience in logistics and / or production modules
* Experience with IT budget and project planning for a company with multinational supply chain operations
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.
ZEISS is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer