Applications Engineer - Electron Microscopy
Step out of your comfort zone, excel, and redefine the limits of what is possible. That's just what our employees are doing every single day - to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people. We are looking for people who are keen to step into the microscopy industry while working in a newly built state-of-the-art ZEISS microscopy facility equipped with light, electron, and x-ray microscopes.
The Applications Engineer position is a highly skilled and technical specialist position utilizing expert application knowledge and the ZEISS Selling Process (ZSP) to convert opportunities to orders. The primary focus is to maximize the chances of achieving the NA IQR regional SEM sales target by providing expert microscopy solutions. The scope of the role includes providing technical and application related needs assessment, customer sample imaging, proof of concept demonstrations, information sharing, and customer training to showcase the value of ZEISS technology and ensure customer success.
Success requires strong technical knowledge across the SEM portfolio and applications within the IQR customer segment. Excellent communications & time management skills, along with the ability to learn quickly and work in a highly collaborative environment are essential. At all times, conduct in accordance with company guidelines and standards is expected.
We are looking for people who are keen to try something new:
- Interact with customers as the subject matter expert and aid in proof concept demonstrations, customer training and support for scanning electron microscopy product lines
- Interface with our customers as well as the Zeiss Account Managers as the solutions architect, applying your product knowledge and expertise to customer applications in order to drive customer success and support product sales
- Engage in problem solving by understating the customer's applications and offer innovative solutions for their microscopy needs
- Be enthusiastic about to working on microscopy challenges and have an attitude to continuously learn and master new technologies
- Work closely with applications team to support correlative microscopy projects - CLEM & EM/XRM
- Have a curious mindset, willingness to work in team environment, be up to date on latest technological trends in microscopy and be eager to learn and enter the microscopy industry
- Enjoy working with cutting edge microscopes, interacting with people, and are organized and motivated to support customer success
- Actively engage to implement our agenda 2025 - create impact, shape markets and build networks.
- Masters or higher in Material Sciences, Electronics, Biomedical or other Engineering fields, preferably from an accredited college or university
- Strong experience in operating, maintaining and troubleshooting scanning electron microscopes, preferably greater than 3+ years of hands on experience using vacuum equipment in industry or academia
- Firm grasp of electron microscopy principles, sample preparation techniques for materials or semiconductors or natural resources or biological samples
- Expertise in analysis hardware and techniques like EDS, EBSD, WDS, environmental SEM is advantageous
- Knowledge of microscopy workflow solutions including image analysis, image processing, data visualization and coding skills is a plus
- Solution oriented problem solver with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Implementation of MS Office, related software and strong presentation skills is required
- Positive "can do" attitude coupled with a willingness to continuously acquire product and application knowledge independently
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.
ZEISS is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer