Customer Support Supervisor
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That's just what our employees are doing every single day - in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
The Customer Support Supervisor is a working supervisor position within the Customer Support department. In this capacity, he/she is responsible to coordinate, oversee and monitor day-to-day workflow to ensure that customers are receiving service and support to Zeiss quality standards and the department is operating towards accomplishing company and department goals and objectives. The position will integrate into regular business processes within the department, primarily focused triaging, routing, and handling of inbound phone and email inquiries from customers and business partners and post-service billing as well as engage in special projects as needed focusing on customer experience.
The Customer Support Supervisor acts as a partner to other departments and ZEISS entities to provide our customers a world class contact experience and tracks associated metrics to ensure optimal customer support. This includes fostering a positive, proactive, and solution-oriented work environment through leading by example and promoting at all times a team mentality and One ZEISS concept. Managing and maintaining high levels of customer service and projecting a professional company image consistent with the brand expectations is required.
Supervisory responsibilities include, but are not limited to, duties such as reporting KPIs, maintaining team schedules, monitoring reports, reviewing transactional records and calls for quality, planning and executing onboarding & ongoing training, engaging with ZEISS talks, and providing feedback to direct manager.
We are looking for people who are keen to try something new:
- The Customer Support is responsible for the onboarding and training of all assigned personnel as well as monitoring and supporting productivity of overall department. A key function of the Customer Support Supervisor is to provide leadership, coaching, and training to consistently drive performance of the team with focus on customer orientation and professional development through active involvement.
- Monitor employees' productivity, accuracy and adherence to defined processes by utilizing dashboards and other reporting tools to enable proactive action on any delays that may compromise customer care.
- Assist team members in resolving any customer satisfaction issues. Handle complaints/escalations as the first point of contact for any issues and taking steps to resolve with or without support. Further escalate customer issues to management as needed.
- Engage in hiring process, providing objective feedback on candidate resumes and interviews.
- Perform and monitor onboarding and training of new team members as well as continuing education as needed/requested.
- Administer onboarding to new hires of other departments on operation and function Customer Support Administration team as well as provide guidelines on engagement channels.
- Empower and motivate employees via regular feedback to team members both informally in day to day interactions as well as formally via participation in ZEISS talks.
- Take ownership of providing customer support levels to align with ZEISS service expectations and prioritize responsibilities based on customer demand.
- Ensure adherence to legal and company policies and procedures, and report to management any related gaps in training or compliance.
- Track and report on metrics related with associated processes and workflow.
- Ensure the department is appropriately scheduled and staffed to meet customer needs throughout regular business hours by monitoring phone and email volume, making adjustments as required. Report on any successes, anomalies or deviations as it impacts customer support levels.
- Utilize SAP CRM system in conjunction with additional internal resources to handle inbound customer inquiries.
- Ensure accurate data entry and maintenance of information in SAP CRM system including customer contact details, documentation related to specific transaction records, and any internal communication logs where required.
- Actively look for, and aid in the implementation of, efficiency gain opportunities and to increase productivity of the Customer Support team as well as other ZEISS groups with focus on customer experience.
- Escalate successes, opportunities for improvement, and areas of concern and/or roadblocks to direct Manager.
- Serve as a company ambassador while provide timely and efficient interactions with customers and internal colleagues to ensure that inquiries are processed accurately, timely, and to standard.
- Provide support with other tasks and special projects (ie. CAPA) as requested by management.
- Adherence to all processes and procedures.
- Bachelors' degree preferred plus 2 years' experience OR minimum five years in customer service/care or related area
- Proven customer support experience with a track record of over-achieving goals
- Prior experience in a supervisory capacity a plus
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of personalities
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently as well as with team
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- SAP CRM (or similar CRM) experience required
- SAP ERP (or similar operational system) experience preferred
- Solid knowledge of computers and common software applications including MS Office Suite, with strengths in Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to provide feedback in a virtual environment
- Strong organizational skills with ability to follow up as needed
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.
ZEISS is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer