Key Account Manager - BioTech & Pharma
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That's just what our employees are doing every single day - in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
The Pharma Key Account Manager role is a highly skilled, technical sales position which relies heavily on consultative selling skills and the use of both the ZEISS Selling Process (ZSP) and Challenger Sales Approach to meet customer requirements, and individual/territorial sales targets with focus exlusively in the Pharmaceutical and Biotech Industry. Success requires strong product, application, data analysis and workflow knowledge of solutions specific to the Pharma and Biotech industry, and outstanding levels of customer support in assigned key accounts. Technical knowledge of each solution within the current ZEISS RMS portfolio and associated microscopy applications, combined with excellent communication and time management skills are required to be successful in this position. The position requires strong interpersonal skills to excel in a networked environment and clear demonstration of entrepreneurial thought and action to effectively drive performance as a Pharma/Biotech Key Account Manager.
We are looking for people who are keen to try something new:
- Drive opportunity generation across Life Science product portfolio for defined territory
- Execute local customer outreach programs (e.g. ZOYC) to create awareness, generate interest, and build funnel
- Use ZSP and Challenger sales techniques to qualify opportunities and advance them to completion; the primary sales function requires IG-1 (customer needs assessment) capability across the entire portfolio (product, application, and functionality), and full responsibility for non-Systems as defined (including strong presentation skills for IS, both in-lab as well as online/remote)
- Effective in a team-sale scenario, and networking within and across the Pharmaceutical and Biotech industry (both locally and nationally - perhaps even globally)
- Knowledge regarding industry funding/budgeting processes incl. the very dynamic financial situation in Start Ups.
- Regular reporting to marketing/sector regarding trends, dynamics and customer expectations within the pharmaceutical and biotech industry (big pharma and start-ups)
- CRM Maintenance to ensure a funnel current with all opportunities properly characterized, key fields maintained so that forecasting is accurate
- Maximal usage of Customer face-to-face interactions related to selling, support, relationship development, and customer retention, including the customer's functional partners such as procurement, departmental supervisors, and all key contributors to the customer's success within their organization
- Works to establish expectations with the customer, and supports and manages the customer as their advocate when things do not go as planned
- Generate proposals which are technically accurate and meet the demands/needs of the customer and their applicational requirements and create value for the customer
- Completes the CPO (Customer Perfect Order) form within 30 days (unless not possible) for each qualifying order
- Drives progress within a networked organization and actively contributes to team goals in addition to promoting individual success
- Exhibits appropriate care and handling of demo equipment, and follows receiving and on-time return procedures
- Responsible for your personal safety when visiting labs and institutions by understanding the basics of lab behavior and an awareness of risks
- Serves as a brand ambassador for ZEISS and actively engages in personal development (leverages the content available on the ZEISS CurioZ online training portal, as well as self-inspired development of knowledge as it relates to the role)
- Bachelor's degree or higher in biological science or bio-engineering preferred from an accredited college or university. Working knowledge of high-end microscopy, including laser scanning microscopy, and imaging techniques beyond simple image capture and manipulation (e.g., automated time lapse with Z-stack, etc.).
- Prior experience of working in a research position within a pharmaceutical or biotech company environment preferred
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Laboratory Safety requirements for BSL 1, 2, and 3 environments, as well as specimen handling of Level 3 (and below) pathogenic biohazards (e.g., bacteria, viruses, fungi, parasites, and prions)
- Good knowledge of MS Office, and strong communication skills required (including remote chat skills)
- Good knowledge of data analysis
- Prior experience in technical sales and managing a field coverage area for technical sales or product support preferred
- Positive "can do" attitude coupled with a willingness to continuously acquire product and application knowledge independently.
- Knowledge and experience in biological applications and workflow solutions, including image analysis and bioinformatics a huge plus.
- Capable and willing to engage customers in their workspace/environment, including BSL -2 and BSL-3 facilities. If capable and willing, may be asked to engage in a BSL-4 environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and overseas. In addition to sales function, may asked to work in assigned teams on defined projects as directed by management. Lifting of heavy equipment crates required; crate weight ~ 75 lbs. Must have driving record in good standing, a valid U.S. driver license, and be able to drive a company provided car/van.
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.
ZEISS is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer